[meteorite-list] Daylight Fireball! Meteor Plane or Space, Debris?

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun May 10 13:31:04 EDT 2009

>>Normally I would agree. However this one  seemed to be a different color.
The trail seemed darker, or dirtier than the  usually pristine white of a
high altitude jetliner. And in the original  report stated a witness (the
photographers daughter) stated she had seen  what appeared to be pieces
falling away from the object during  flight.<<

No matter what the witnesses say, often it's not always  totally accurate.
You have to sift thru it some. The clincher for me is that the  trail of a
meteor will very rapidly snake all over the place caused by high  altitude
winds. No signs of that here at all.
GeoZay

**************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!