[meteorite-list] Hampton Fireball- "news" video link

meteoritefinder at yahoo.com meteoritefinder at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 12:19:01 EDT 2009

Hello List,

   Well, looks like we should have a pretty good idea where any meteorites might have landed. I mean, after all, the fireball was only " 5 FEET !! " above the house of this woman's mother, AND--- it was only going "60--70" miles per hour!!  Couldn't have gone TOO much farther, right?  ;-)  Another classic case of how little the general public understands the dynamics of a meteor, and how difficult it is to determine how far away a bright light at night might truly be.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?
rn=4226712&cl=12727172&src=news

 Robert Woolard