[meteorite-list] Excessively Large Reward a bad precedent

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat Mar 28 09:48:19 EDT 2009

>>This practice dates back around 20  years . It was started by our fearless
leader Bob Haag. I remember a TV show  called
"Missing : Reward", where Bob offered up to a one million dollar  reward for
a piece of the Tucson Iron along with it's exact find location. True  story he
admits this on page 14 of his 1991 tenth anniversary edition of his  Field
Guide of Meteorites. What a nut. I think the key words were "up to".  >>

Didn't Nininger do something similar...that is offering a reward  of some
kind for meteorites?
GeoZay