[meteorite-list] A Brief History of the Meteorite Mailing List

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 16:41:19 EDT 2009

Hey, I would like to point something out that I  just found...the website for
this mailing list. I don't know how I missed  it. Anyways check out this
website:  _http://www.meteoritecentral.com_ (http://www.meteoritecentral.com)
I  was surprised when I read Michael Bloods, "A Brief History of the
Meteorite  Mailing List" to discover that it originated in my old stomping grounds in
San  Diego's Balboa Park. I've been in both the Planetarium and the Natural
History  Museum hundreds of times...especially when my kids were little. I never
knew  that the Planetarium sold meteorites...but then again, I left the area
several  years ago and when the list was formed, my girls had grown up by then
and I had  stopped going there. Just a couple hundred yards down the sidewalk
from the  planetarium, I use to show my work at the San Diego Art Institute.
A real neat  area...anybody visiting San Diego, Balboa Park is a must stop.
Anyhow, I enjoyed  Michaels read...
George Zay