[meteorite-list] speaking of vesicles, any ideas on this one?

Phil Morgan roxfromspace at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 23:23:49 EDT 2009

Greg's question about the huge vesicle prompted me to ask ya'll about
a stone I've been pondering.

I've received two of these small stones in separate unclassified NWA
batches from different sources.  They are a rather odd grey color and
contain vesicles.  I think I've seen some indistinct chondrules but
can't be sure.  My best guess is a melt of some sort.

Here are links to photos of two halves of the same small stone
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/vesicles2/mystery4.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/vesicles2/mystery5.jpg

And here is a poor photo of the exterior:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/vesicles2/mystery2.jpg

Anyone one else noticed this material?  Any one know anything about
it?  Any speculation or observations?

Thanks and Regards,
Phil