[meteorite-list] Weird Connections?

Thetoprok at aol.com Thetoprok at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 14:20:26 EDT 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncronicity

-Larry

In a  message dated 3/12/2009 1:14:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
eric at meteoritewatch.com writes:

Over the last few months we've all  witnessed, read about, and/or seen
videos, articles, and new reports about  all the meteorite news happening
all over the world. I'd like to concentrate  on the USA for a second
though. Has anyone noticed the coincidences in the  falls, fireballs,
names and locations of the most recent meteor and  meteorite activity in
the United States?

For Example:
West, Texas  - FALL - L6 Chondrite (Witnessed Fall; newest recovered fall
in the world)  First piece found near Cottonwood Rd
West, Texas meteorite - Many pieces were  found in Cotton fields... ;)
Westchester, NY - Fireball Sighting - There is a  Cottonwood Rd very
close to the radar image of this event. (within a few  miles)
Cottonwood, CA - Unidentified object from sky destroys car in  Cottonwood, CA
Meteor Crater - Within 100 miles of Cottonwood, AZ

If  you do a search on Google for Cottonwood meteorite you'll of course
find the  Cottonwood H5 meteorite.
http://www.encyclopedia-of-meteorites.com/test/cottonwood.jpg

And  recently, a fireball report was filed on my site stating and I quote
"..I  heard the loadest bang on my roof and immediately a small branch
from a  cottonwood tree high overhead landed on my windshield..." (Of
course this is  not a meteorite, but a falling branch. Nonetheless the
coincidences are  uncanny... ;) A cottonwood tree? I mean come on, what
are the chances?  lol

I say everyone in the USA who's interested in witnessing meteor
fireballs and finding meteorites should grab their camera equipment and
meteorite stick and stakeout any road, highway, tree, city, town,
village, church or any other public or private building or landmark with
the name Cottonwood.

According to the data, the chances are good that  you might just witness
a new meteorite fall!

Silly? You  decide...

lol ;)

Regards,