[meteorite-list] Unidentified object from sky destroys car in Cottonwood

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 12 13:35:10 EDT 2009

I can't imagine any possible way an object that size which came from space
could have been hot enough on arrival to melt or burn anything. Also, the
image and description suggest the impact was directed at least somewhat
towards the rear of the car, and anything falling from space would have come
in very near vertically. If it's not a hoax, I'd assume the object
originated from, or near, the ground.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory