[meteorite-list] FW: NEW YORK FIREBALL / Acknowledgement & Gratitude

Fries, Marc D marc.d.fries at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 10 22:29:40 EDT 2009

I¹m flattered; thank you.

For those of y¹all who¹ve asked me about the Westchester fall, I am still
working through some ambiguity in the data.  I will send an image to those
who already asked - anyone else can email me off-list and I¹m happy to share
the radar image from that meteor.  Its location and timing are unfortunate ­
two radars other than the Long Island one collected data right up to the
meteor location but didn¹t quite produce a signal.  The Long Island radar
also just missed the falling debris with its first pass, and only caught the
tail end with the second pass ten minutes later.  It¹s pretty, but nothing
like the West data.

Cheers,
MDF