[meteorite-list] West Meteorite tally, PLEASE let's get this one right

Fries, Marc D marc.d.fries at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 4 00:17:34 EST 2009

This scientist could only make it there for one and a half days, on my own
dime, and would have loved to stay.  A downside of our profession is that
most of us have to account for our (fairly pricey) time and don¹t have much
in the way of flexibility.

I¹m very interested in seeing the tally from this fall.  Even better would
be a detailed strewn field map with locations and masses, but even a rough
depiction of the strewn field long axis (axes?) would be great stuff.  Seems
to me that a downside of your profession is that that information is used to
support yourselves and so becomes proprietary.  I understand that, but it is
a real loss scientifically speaking.

Cheers,
Marc Fries