[meteorite-list] AD: Meteorite Men Collectibles

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Tue Jul 21 21:52:45 EDT 2009

Hey List,

Well, it was interesting to see  how the Meteorite Men collectible slabs
went on Ebay this past week.  I was  genuinely surprised to see the complete
set of 18 go actually go for more than  the 18 individuals did.  I thought it
would have been the other way  around.  Usually volume sales is where the
discounts are.

This first  listing was a test.  And as part of the test, "investing" time
to load on  things on Ebay is fine.  But the results of the test show that
listing some  to only get from $1 to $4 final bid isn't worth the fees or the
time to do  so.  There are other venues to better move low cost items than
the high fee  and high labor task of posting on Ebay.

However, some of the individuals  that brought up over the $10 range take
the same time to list, and the fees are  close to the same, but the profit is
more worth the time cost.

The test  shows that selling complete sets also might be worth the effort
since the first  one brought a bit of a premium.   I only have 4 more
complete  sets.

So, I am haven't decided yet if I want to list more on Ebay or  not...

But I figured if anyone on the list might be interested in  some of these
directly from me, let's skip Ebay and we can talk one on  one.

Thanks

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

.