[meteorite-list] Pitiful excuse for a meteorite hunter Carl Esparza

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 14:52:41 EDT 2009

Carl, Anne and Mike,

I am a bit  bewildered about this as well.

If Carl had asked what car Farmer drove  because he wanted to slit his car
tires, that would be one thing.  But  I don't think that is the case here.

When I was at West hunting,  and finding lots of rocks, would I ever think
someone was doing something  unethical if someone asked what car I was
driving or where I was parked and  hunting?  No.  Would I want them to know?  Not
always.  So  sometimes I would hide my car, or take someone else's to a
hunting  spot.

If someone found my car, would I be mad at them?  No. Would I  file an
ethics complaint with the IMCA?  No.

In fact, one  afternoon I returned from a field near where we had pulled a
lot of West  stones out, only to see Farmer standing by my car waiting.
Others around  said he was waiting there for over a half hour to talk with me.
Did  he do anything unethical by doing that?  I don't think so.

Did that  make me want to share all my strewnfield data with Mike even
though he was  almost crying on the this list begging for me to share it?   No,
his  attitude made me want to keep my info even more secret.

I find it  flattering that Mike finally comes around to my way of thinking
as he gains more  experience, as he has in this case.

Mike calls this a "Blood sport" but  turns around and cries "foul" when
someone wants to know what car he is  driving?   Interesting.

(This is where I would normally insert  a humorous insult towards Mike, but
I want the record to show that I have  refrained from doing so.)

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite  Men"

In a message dated 7/17/2009 1:27:52 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,