[meteorite-list] Question For The List ???? WHO IS THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL METEORITE HUNTER OUT THERE?

Jeff Grossman jgrossman at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 16 07:06:28 EDT 2009

My answer is the team Bill Cassidy/Ralph Harvey, without any
doubt.  They have and continue to go to extraordinary lengths to
organize, fund, and plan complex meteorite searches in a hostile
environment, at great personal risk, have succeeded in finding many
thousands of meteorites, and then 100% of the samples become freely
available for study to scientists all over the world.  I could also
name the Japanese Antarctic team leaders, but for now I'll stick with
the Americans.

Jeff