[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thu...

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 16:54:25 EDT 2009

Hello Jim,

I am sorry if I didn't make this clear, but let me state  it one more time.

I have absolutely no problem with people selling  limited edition meteorite
coins or limited edition meteorite tokens or limited  edition meteorite
medals.  Or limited edition meteorite anythings.

I am all for it.

I think it is a great idea.

I might even  see if we can make up some limited edition Meteorite Men
coins.  Maybe one  for each episode.

I however do have a problem with people that are  hypocrites in slamming
something else that is a limited edition that someone  else is testing out.

Is there a difference between the prototype line of  limited edition
meteorite specimens in a plastic case with a hand numbered ID  and limited edition
coins with a number stamped in it by a machine?  Sure  there is.
Especially if the coin is legal tender and minted by a  recognized government whereby
there could be prison terms attached if someone is  convicted of
counterfeiting and trafficking in them.

Could I  make up ten #4 out of 6 ID cards for the Prototype Colony, OK
CO3.0 Meteorite  slab, and sell them under the table, because I am writing the
numbers in by  hand?  Sure.

Could someone with a non-legal tender tokens have ten  #4 out of 420 tokens
made up?  Sure.

Could someone with legal tender  coins from a real country have ten #4 out
of 420 coins minted...maybe, but  probably not as likely due to the
counterfeiting laws.

Could someone have  100 grams of a meteorite that the Meteorite Bulletin
says there is only 75 grams  TKW in existence?  Sure.

I suppose it comes down to  trust.

As for your comment about my attempt to "strake a fatal blow to my  arch
nemesis in the meteorite world" I would have to take issue with that  comment.
 I am under no delusion that my comments will make any significant  impact
in that arena.   While he is on record that he sees this a  "blood sport" to
justify his "gladiator complex" I am just content at self  defense.  I have
never said anything on the offense against him, only in  defending against
his delusional public comments.

By the way Jim, I appreciate your marketing savvy to sneak in an AD for
your coins, tokens and medals. I hope this thread helps you sell a few more of
 them!

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

In a message dated  7/15/2009 2:35:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,