[meteorite-list] Astro Mikes meteor streak Photo

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 08:59:27 EDT 2009

If it's a meteor photographed thru a  telescope, where is the fuzzy left
overs of its train in the image?  Surely  the ionized column made by a passing
fireball meteoroid would be brite enuf to  have some phase of it's image
captured by the same telescope and be outside the  sharp lines of the streaks?
I cannot believe this image is that of a meteor  until this dilemma is
adequately explained. As for the light being too wide to  be that of a light on
a plane...could we simply be looking at the overall width  of the light
being reflected off parts of a plane...such as a wing, fuselage  etc. ?
George Zay

**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.