[meteorite-list] Google down? Sort of on-topic.

Thetoprok at aol.com Thetoprok at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 10:26:09 EST 2009

Hi Jeff,

I had no problem.. went to 3  sites.

Btw, this years calendar ROCKS!

-Larry Atkins

In a  message dated 1/31/2009 10:08:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
info at meteorites.com.au writes:
Hi all,

Does anyone know what's going  on with Google? I went to search for a
meteorite and EVERY site is showing  up as a potential risk to your computer.
All of the well known meteorite  sites have the following warning under the
main title:

"This site may  harm your computer."

You end up at an interstitial Google page and you  can't get past it to the
webpage. You have to put the URL into the address  bar yourself. In fact it's
not limited to meteorites and the ONLY site I've  seen so far that doesn't
seem to have this result is Google! It's happening  on Google US and
Australia. Is anyone else getting  this?

Cheers,

Jeff

http://www.meteoritecentral.com
Meteorite-list  mailing  list