[meteorite-list] Tamdakht and Carancas

Darren Garrison cynapse at charter.net
Wed Feb 25 21:12:52 EST 2009

A while back I think that someone mentioned (in a post that I can't find) that a
piece of Tamdakht reminded them of Carancas.  Well, I received a small (1.23g)
fragment of Tamdakht yesterday, and the first thing I noticed is how weathered
the patch of fusion crust was.  But then I realized that it wasn't fusion
crust-- the fragment had broken along one of those shock-melt planes as have
been discussed and debated on list in relation to Carancas.  So there is that
similarity.

I couldn't get a really good photo of it, but these will give you an idea:

http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/ll394/darrengarrison/Tamdakht/