[meteorite-list] What are the top 10 mostscientificallyimportantmeteorites?

Robert Woolard meteoritefinder at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 23:18:48 EST 2009

All,

   How about Portales Valley? To quote a few lines from my article a few years back:

 "Statements from the Lunar and Planetary Science Conference XXX, 1999 include:  "there is something extraordinary about PV" ...

  The same conference issued the opinion that:

  "much more research (on PV) is needed.  The work is important as it may completely change our view of the geologic histories of the asteroids in which several types of meteorites formed"4.

  And Derek Sears writes that (in regard to the understanding the evolutionary history of meteorites) the "PV meteorite is important"6."

  Best wishes,
  Robert Woolard