[meteorite-list] More on green spots in stoneys

Zelimir Gabelica Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr
Mon Feb 2 13:22:00 EST 2009

Yes, Tracy, you are right.

The name "mawsitsit" may well originate from the Burmese locality "Tawmaw"
where kosmochlor (jadeite) is being found. It seems to be only known as
(macroscopically) massive.

Btw: yes, this post is still fairly meteorite-related.
Indeed, Tucson show (perhaps along with Munich and, to a lesser extent, Ste
Marie) is THE place where you could find in abundance all kind of
meteorites and minerals that are composing them.
Collecting both can also be a nice way to diversify and make your meteorite
collection original....

Zelimir
(still waiting for a host site for my Belle Plaine green inclusion pics, in
case of interest)