[meteorite-list] Merry Christmas Everyone

Walter Branch waltbranch at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 24 20:14:29 EST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to wish everyone on the Meteorite List a Merry Christmas

I have been absent from meteorites for much of this year as I wantd to
complete some astronomy projects in celibration of 2009 being the
International year of Astronomy.

http://www.astronomy2009.org/

It was in 1609 when Galileo first turned a home made telescope upon the
heavens and began systematically observing objects in space.  The next year,
he published Sidereus Nuncius (Sidereal or Starry Messenger) and changed the
course of Astronomy forever.

http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Galileo.html

Anyway, Merry Christmas and I hope 2010 is a pleasant and peaceful year for
us all.

-Walter Branch