[meteorite-list] E-chondrites

Greg Stanley stanleygregr at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 21 12:02:36 EST 2009

I have a question regarding E-chondrites.  I was told that Enstatite Chondrites have a more gray (dark) matrix than an ordinary chondrite.  They also contain more metal (as a rule) than a typical H-chondrite. Now I always thought it was impossible to recognize an E-chondrite by eye. However, is it possible to recognize an E-chondrite by eye (10x lens) with the color of the matrix and amount of metal?

Greg S.