[meteorite-list] Alien Contact Predicted

Phil Whitmer prairiecactus at rtcol.com
Sat Aug 29 21:30:30 EDT 2009

Bob:

You're right, I stand corrected.  I collect old encylopedias, reading them
is fascinating.  I think it was one from the 1860's where they were talking
about the current consensual theory  of meteorites being thrown off the sun.
I was confusing that with some other historical meteorite reading I was
doing.  My point was the evidence was there right under their noses, they
just didn't know it!  And I do believe people get dumber and smarter. Just
look at the Dark Ages.  It's not like Diogenes didn't figure out that
meteorites were from outer space just through pure deductive reasoning, same
way Democritus did with  the theory of atoms. Another hobby is the study of
ancient Greek philosophers, those dudes figured out just about everything,
and without technology to speak of. I believe we are currently entering
another Dark Age of sorts, the majority of people are getting dumber, while
a tiny minority are getting smarter.  As evidence of this assertion, I give
you prime time TV!

Phil Whitmer