[meteorite-list] Beware of Steve Arnold Chicago Ebay scams part 3+

John Gwilliam jkg2 at cox.net
Fri Aug 21 12:33:20 EDT 2009

The sellers motive for closing an auction early and canceling all
bids should indeed be taken into account. If the item is broken,
stolen or you find out it does not function properly after you listed
it, then you have a legitimate reason to close an auction early and
cancel bids.

This situation is different.  The sole motive ( I talked with Dirk on
the phone this morning and have seen, in writing, Steve's reply to
him) in this case is simply about being offered more money (actually
more value in a trade) which is unethical. If we throw ethics out the
window and determine or behavior based singularly on what is legal,
then we can become like the big business plunderers, who claim
everything they did was within the law.

Cheers,

John

At 08:54 AM 8/21/2009, Meteorites USA wrote (in part):
>The point to this post is not that I'm attacking or defending anyone
>but rather pointing out that there are valid reasons for sellers to
>cancel an auction. Maybe you listed an item and it got stolen, or
>broken, or you relisted it by accident (this might happen to a
>larger seller who lists hundreds or thousands of items per month).
>Maybe it was a grilled cheese sandwich with Jesus on it and your dog ate it!
>
>Thanks for reading this very long post. I promise my next one won't
>be as long... ;)
>
>Regards,
>Eric

John Gwilliam

Too many people were born on third base
and go through life thinking they hit a triple.