[meteorite-list] Moissanite

Pekka Savolainen nuuska at dlc.fi
Tue Aug 18 08:56:35 EDT 2009

Today nearly all moissanites (silicon-carbide) on the market are man made,
and older  diamond-testers can´t find the difference between diamond and
moissanite  (had to buy another tester, and it wasn´t cheap). So I´m not a
very big fan of moissanite ;-)

Natural moissanite is very rare, and it´s also very difficult to find
out, if stone
is synthetich or natural. Usually they are syntetichs, think natural
moissenite
it priced higher than diamond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_carbide

best,