[meteorite-list] Meteorite Articles on Geology.com Web Site

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Sun Aug 2 16:00:39 EDT 2009

Paul wrote:

> What Are Meteorites
>
> http://geology.com/meteorites/

Dear Paul:

Thank you kindly for posting links to my meteorite articles on
Geology.com.

Dr. Hobart King and I devised "Meteorwritings" as an entry-level/mid-
level column aimed at introducing a wider geology and general science
audience to our favorite subject. Geology.com is one of the world's
top science sites with tremendous daily traffic, so I hope we have a
few new converts  : )

The first ten articles were published on a monthly schedule. We
recently went to a quarterly format in order to increase the longevity
of each piece, and to give us a little more time to prepare new
features. For every installment we take new, original photos that,
hopefully, well illustrate the featured topic for that month.
Meteorite List members Leigh Anne DelRay and Suzanne Morrison have
both contributed excellent photographs to the column. The beautiful
"Meteorwritings" fireball and constellation title banner was created
by accomplished Tucson illustrator Tim Arbon, who also designed the
new Art Deco-inspired Aerolite Meteorites logo:

http://www.aerolite.org/

We plan to continue "Meteorwritings" indefinitely. The next episode
will be published on October 1, 2009. I hope you found the articles
enjoyable, and if you or any other List members have suggestions for
future "Meteorwritings" topics, please let me know. And thanks for
reading!

Respectfully,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org