[meteorite-list] Very Sad News

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 23:20:33 EDT 2009

Hello List members,

This weekend I did a Show in Denver and was away from my computer most of
the time. I came back Sunday evening to find some very sad news in my in-mail.

Jerry Wallace of Odessa Texas, passed away Saturday evening, after
unsuccesful bypass surgery.

I am sure you all remember Jerry, he had always been one of the friendliest
and funniest member of this List. Just a couple weeks ago he explained to
us the difference between West, Texas (with a coma) and West Texas (no
comma). Being from West Texas, he was fully qualified. And a few months ago he had
to tell everybody that I put some food coupons in a package addressed to
him.

I certainly will miss him, besides being a knowledgeable collector of Texas
meteorites, he was a great human being, reliable, intelligent, and
entertaining. He kept on promising to take me all around the Odessa craters on his
motorcycle!  I am sorry, Jerry, I missed that experience.

If any one of you lives near Odessa Texas, and would like to go to the
Funeral, please email me.
And if you would like to contact his wife Kathy, you certainly may send
your email to me, I'll be glad to forward it.

Thank you.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/
IMPACTIKA at aol.com