[meteorite-list] Texas Fireball

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 19:23:04 EDT 2009

>>Another person driving from Houston  to Waco says she saw it just above
the horizon and says the flame only  lasted a few seconds.<<

Also someone reported it being very fast.  Haven't seen reports of sonic
booms either.

I haven't been able to  gather much from what the various witnesses have
reported so far. I do get the  impression that it was probably a meteor and
not satellite debris because of the  very short duration and fast speed. This
also could be describing a Lyrid shower  member that peaks tomorrow night.
they have fast entry velocities. If it was a  meteor, not likely dropped any
meteorites in my opinion. Probably just another  OOooer and Ahhher.
GeoZay

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572844x1201387506/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26
hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DAprilfooter420NO62)