[meteorite-list] Suffolk man says he saw meteor hit

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 14:46:56 EDT 2009

>>Not a chance. If he'd seen this a  few minutes after the sky lit up, I
might
buy it. I expect he saw the  fireball drop below the horizon, a couple
hundred miles away. This report is  extremely typical of that.<<

I agree...also this guy claims to have  seen the meteor splash in the water
near a bridge and him. So it was going fast  enuf to cause it to appear
incandescent upon impact, but he reports not hearing  any sonic booms, only a
whistling noise....amazing. The point of retardation  should be in the neighborhood
of 9,000 mph, so this sucker was traveling pretty  fast based upon this
witness's account.
GeoZay