[meteorite-list] A Breccia question

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 20:58:16 EDT 2008

Hi list,  I am wondering how often do great  looking breccia occur in earth
rocks.  Is it quite common?

I  was hiking on my land here in Idaho and found a red/white breccia that
looks  dynamite (really).  Tumbled smooth (I guess) in the wash out of Lake
Bonnieville, which tore through here some time ago.  Any one who cares to  take a
look and let me know their thoughts, please email me.

I  also have some shots of the coolest meteorite breccia I have ever cut into
and  it just so happens the angular clasts are about the same in shape and
size.

Tom Phillips