[meteorite-list] Question About Potassium-Argon (K/Ar) dates for North American and Australasian Tektites

Paul bristolia at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 15:13:28 EDT 2008

Thank you-all for your replies to my question, including
a “reference list for tektites”. They have been most helpful.

Sterling K. Webb wrote:

“The largest source for bulk composition data of a
large number of tektites is: J.A. O'Keefe, Editor,
Tektites, Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago, Illinois
(1963), ...”

I lucked out on this one as the library, where I work
has this book in its collections. Needless to say, I have
checked it out and looking through all the data,
information, and ideas it contains.

Now I just need to figure if the alleged Louisiana
tektites are fact or fiction. At this time, I suspect
the latter until someone finds some more.

Best Regards,

Paul H.