[meteorite-list] NWA 969 LL7 image mug is now available

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 13:08:29 EDT 2008

Hi list,  Paul got right on it and the NWA  969 LL7 micrograph taken at a magnification of 160X that I was sending out in  full resolution to any one who emailed me, is now available on a coffee  mug!  The site is http://www.cafepress.com/meteorites4sale  and the  cost is $10.99.  We have added no mark up so you pay what the production  company Cafe Press charges.

If you did not get the image, just email me  and I will send it as an attachment in full resolution suitable for printing up  to about an 8X10.

The cool part?  Alan Rubin, UCLA was kind enough  to take a look and offer this analysis of the image.  Now when some one  asks "What's on your coffee cup?"  you can have the answer!

"It  is clear that the rock has been shocked and annealed.  The smudgy trails of  dark blebs are of metal and sulfide that were melted by shock and injected into  fractures.  The fractures healed during subsequent thermal metamorphism,  probably the heat that was developed during the impact that caused the initial  shock."

This is not a profit making thing.  Paul and I are always  working to raise awareness of Meteorite Time (The online Meteorite Magazine) and  my Meteorite Micrograph Gallery.  And also, the mugs are real cool!   I'm thinking Christmas gifts.

Tom Phillips

**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!      (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)