[meteorite-list] Full size micrograph offer NWA 969 LL7 to print.

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 12:43:39 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,  I want to share a beautiful  meteorite micrograph.  Once in a
while one comes along that (at least to  me) seems to have everything, color,
clarity and interest.

It is taken of  NWA 969 LL7 and the slide belongs to Jeff Krosschell.  For
you slide  aficionados, I think the slide is for sale but that is not what this
is  about.  I will send the image in full size.  I recently changed  cameras
and this image is 3.4 mp so it would make an excellent 8X10 to add to  your
meteorite room.  My previous work was at 1.1 mp which was a little to  small for
prints.

Finding the right camera has not been an easy  task.  I have tried at least
20 in the last 6 months.  One of the most  recent tries was the new Nikon 5100
12.1 mp.  I had high hopes but after  putting it through 3 different
microscope adapters, I finally accepted I could  not get the results out of it I was
looking for.  I won't trade quality for  pixel size.  I sent that camera to my
son who just got stationed in  Hawaii.  He'll have plenty to photograph there!

Anyway,  please  email me for a full size attachment of this image.

This one is  worth checking out!

Tom Phillips