[meteorite-list] Odd layered feature in NWAXXX specimen

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 00:23:44 EDT 2008

Tracy,  I am always on the lookout for odd  or unusual meteorites in piles of
unclassified.  Out of nearly 1000 Kg I  have found two stones that match this
description.  I don't have any  micrographs at the time but I have examined
them in high magnification and they  are stone meteorites.

Keep that one,  I think that a very different  process was at work.

Tom Phillips

In a message dated 9/30/2008  10:15:12 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,