[meteorite-list] Largest fall in the world?

mexicodoug at aim.com mexicodoug at aim.com
Wed Nov 26 18:29:54 EST 2008

Yes, Matt, of all the¨"Official" meteorite names, Sikhote-Alin
represents:

45.9% of the witnessed TKW in Dr. Grossman's Database.

Dr. Grossman's database does not include Gao and Monze which were
fairly large falls and could slightly adjust that number down a
percentage point or two.

Bernd, Kunya-Urgench (plus the so-called "Official" Dashoguz) in your
database and not make the cut?

For reference when comparing these numbers, the USGS dadabase shows
Sikhote Alin as 23 metric tons (over 25 of the American 2000 pounder
tons).

Best wishes,
Doug