[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day My thoughts

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:52:15 EST 2008

I agree,  Michael does us all a favor  nearly every day.

My suggestion is that we all ask our selves when  we make a submission to
Michael for inclusion in his site: Is our submission  just to share with all or
are we promoting material we may have for  sale?

If we are using his service as an advertisement then send some $  his way.  I
have talked to Michael and he is not doing the POD for profit,  but there are
ongoing costs to maintaining a site with the large amount of  images he hosts.

I have a large image Gallery of micrographs.  I am  lucky that Meteorite
Times is the host of it.  If I had to maintain it and  pay for the cost of keeping
it free and available to every one, I would of  closed it down long ago.
Paul (Meteorite Times) puts in a huge amount of  work into the updates and
maintenance of my Gallery and I am sure Michael has  just as much work maintaining
his site.

I am in no way speaking for any  one!!!  These are just my thoughts on the
subject.

Tom  Phillips

In a message dated 11/26/2008 10:46:47 A.M. Mountain  Standard Time,