[meteorite-list] Santa Rosa Colombia

Impactika at aol.com Impactika at aol.com
Mon May 5 21:31:07 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/5/2008 7:12:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
stm at bellsouth.net writes:
Very nice Michael - great history on the Santa Rosa  - is that red paint on
the  back?

In fact there is quite a bit more to the story than that.
Basically, Henry Ward threw a big party, got most of the population of  Santa
Rosa drunk and absconded with the meteorite during the night. To be later
stopped at the border.

Some meteorite hunters will stop at nothing !!!     ;-)
For all the details, from the Buchwald Handbook of Iron Meteorites, go  to:

_http://www.impactika.com/santrosa.htm_
(http://www.impactika.com/santrosa.htm)

Sorry, that big slice from TCU has been sold.

Anne M. Black
_www.IMPACTIKA.com_ (http://www.IMPACTIKA.com)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President of  IMCA