[meteorite-list] cleaning Gaos

tett tett at rogers.com
Mon Mar 24 21:43:09 EDT 2008

Hello List,

Looking for help in cleaning little Gaos.  I have one which has been in my
collection for over 10 years and it is as black and fresh as any pristine
meteorite I have seen.  I also have some Gaos which are also very nice but
rusty lookng.

I cleaned one with acid and a light scrub.  This turned the stone chaulky
white.  Some olive oil helped to turn it black but still not as nice as my
1st beauty.

Does anyone have a secret recipe they are willing to share on how to clean
Gaos?  Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

tett
Owen Sound, Ontario