[meteorite-list] Subject: Re: Wanted to Buy : Superb Pallasite!

Wendy Piatek wpiatek at indy.rr.com
Sun Mar 23 13:48:03 EDT 2008

I currently house 46 unique pallasites in my collection. And am experienced
with electrolytic derusting techniques. I must disagree with Tracy and Anne.
I agree with Mike Farmer. If one has to pick only one pallasite to buy for
their collection and wants to guarantee long lasting beauty one has to go
with Esquel . I have over 1.5Kg of Quijingue and it certainly is more prone
to rust. It is certainly more stable than some but why take even a chance if
one is on a budget and Esquel exists. If you have only one bullet in your
gun I would give Bob Haag a call and customize a slice at the best price
amigos.
I think we need to give better advice to newbies rather than continually try
and market what is on our sales list.

Jay Piatek MD