[meteorite-list] Most Unique CAI

Greg Hupe gmhupe at htn.net
Sun Mar 23 11:50:40 EDT 2008

Dear HUGE CAI Enthusiasts,

I was reminded by Jeff Kuyken that I had offered a couple of NWA 3118 CV3
specimens a couple years ago with massive CAI's popping out of them. While I
do not remember at the moment who the lucky collectors were who acquired
these, I do have the photos of these remarkable specimens. Here are links to
the photos with several views each:

The Donut (with sprinkles!). The most unique CAI in the World!
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa3118/nwa3118a.jpg

Large Encased CAI
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa3118/nwa3118b.jpg

If the people who has these would like to chime in with the measurements,
that would be cool!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe