[meteorite-list] Further thoughts

Pete Shugar pshugar at clearwire.net
Wed Mar 19 12:45:31 EDT 2008

Consider the Fireball.
When the (soon to be) meteorite explodes into a fireball, the pieces are
blown in every direction, Those blown in the direction
that the meteor came from which should give them a negative speed and as
such will start to drop first. Those in the direction of travel give the
furtherest reach from the above mentioned  pieces. This will define the
outside distance of the strewnfield.
Some will be blown up and some will be blown down. I would suspect that
those that are blown downward would be the first to reach ground as these
will be accelarated and those that are blown upward must go up before they
can come down, so they should be the last to reach the ground.
This means that the middle of the strewnfield is the first to be populated
as well as the last to be populated. The two ends fill up in between the
first and last parts of the fall.
Anyone care to check?
I don't think I missed anything, but I'm not an EXPERT, just using deductive
reasoning.
Pete