[meteorite-list] Impact times- correction

Robert Woolard meteoritefinder at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 11:13:36 EDT 2008

List and Darren,

  Well I can already see that I probably did make a
wrong assumption. The 200mph figure probably doesn't
have anything to do with determing the duration time.
What might make a difference is if the individuals of
the fall retained any lateral differences in speed
when the point(s) of retardation and disruption(s)
were reached. But before I make even more incorrect
assumptions, I guess my basic question should have
been: IS there any difference in time between the
impact of the first and last individuals of a fall,
and if so, has that time difference ever been
recorded, or estimated?

  Thanks,
  Robert