[meteorite-list] Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman Chondrule paper in Science

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Thu Jun 26 00:34:07 EDT 2008

Hi list,  I just read Jeff's paper on  chondrule and chondrite formation.
I'm still trying to get my brain around  some of the points.

Well done!!!  A whole new way of looking at  everything!

I had a question related to the paper but just a little off  topic.  It is
directed to Jeff but any one with knowledge in this area  should jump in.

The many structures found in chondrules, are they formed  during the
condensation process at formation or later during subsequent heating  and shock events?

Perhaps both?  I often see structures within  chondrules that give the
appearance (at least) of having grown out of chemical  reactions within the
chondrule.  Structures that I can not imagine shock  forces having caused.

Tom Phillips

In a message dated 6/25/2008  7:27:00 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,