[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - June 4, 2008

Gibeon at aol.com Gibeon at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 15:00:12 EDT 2008

Hello Moni,

nice to hear from you.

Well, it is a simple story  about this.

Some weeks ago in our german meteorite forum
_http://www.jgr-apolda.eu/_ (http://www.jgr-apolda.eu/)
this cast of the Krahenberg meteorite was offered from a person that needed
extremly fast some cash.
He was a scientist and worked on the original  meteorite years ago.
I got in contact with him and we figured out this  deal.
Normaly I am a meteorite collector and not so much interested in casts,  but
the reason why I was personaly interested in this one is, that Krahenberg is
my hometown meteorite. Krahenberg is only 20 minutes by car away from  me.
After I had the cast in my display I thought it would be nice to add some
photos around it from the original location.
For me personaly the most  interested thing, was to be on the original place
where this phantastic  meteorite hit the ground.

Best regards

Hanno