[meteorite-list] Meteorite micrographs (NWA 5000 shots)

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 16:12:42 EDT 2008

Hi list,  I have completed my move back to  Idaho and my scopes are set up as
well.  Jeff Hodges has some new thin  sections heading my way and here in
Idaho, I'll have plenty of time to work on  them.

I have had many emails on my last screen saver and every one has  been quite
complimentary.  The big test of a screen saver is not how  attractive the
images are but rather how well it works.  Paul (Meteorite  Times) set it up and
made it work great.  In all the emails I have  received, no one has mentioned
any operational problems.  Please check it  out
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/screensaver/    It  is free and it down loads quick and smooth.
The site Paul set up  allows you to click on images and check them out before
you commit to a down  load.  I try to make my work more about art and beauty
than  classification.  Even if you have no interest in petrographic images you
will appreciate the beauty in these images.

The August Meteorite Times  issue will be out in a few days.  I have a little
section in it where I  share micrographs of some recent work.  This month I
have a load of NWA  5000 shots.  Michael had posted 6 images on his Photo of
the Day a couple  months ago so many of you have seen some.  This article will
have many  more.  Additionally, when the August Meteorite Times is posted,
about 75  images (sorted by image technique and magnification) will be posted to
my  Micrograph Gallery.    http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/

The best part  is,  Paul has set up 8 images on coffee mugs and 2 on Tee
shirts.  We  have a CafePress shop.  These mugs and shirts are being sold with
absolutely no mark up for my self or Paul.  It is as cheep as we can make  them.
 Mugs are $10.99.  I love the mugs.  At that size the image  is brilliant and
I have used some earlier mugs for several months with no fading  of the
image.  Please check it out, I would be taking the shots anyway, but  Paul puts in
a lot of work to get this stuff set up.  The site is
http://www.cafepress.com/meteorites4sale

If you get a chance,  give me an email and let me know what you think.

Tom Phillips

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.