[meteorite-list] Tuesday night meteor

JKGwilliam h3chondrite at cox.net
Wed Jul 30 22:03:51 EDT 2008

Hello List,
Last night at 8:01PM Arizona Time, I saw a great meteor in the
Southern sky.  At first, I thought it was the landing lights for an
airplane ( I live just two miles from a small airport) but it was
traveling too fast. The two fireballs divided into six with four of
them going dark quite quickly. The fifth extinguished and just one
fireball continued on brightly for about three seconds.  Event
started at 180degrees from my location in Tempe, Arizona and was 35
degrees above horizon.  Anyone else see it?

Best,
John Gwilliam

Too many people were born on third base
and go through life thinking they hit a triple.