[meteorite-list] When the moon hits your eye, from a robot in the sky

bernd.pauli at paulinet.de bernd.pauli at paulinet.de
Fri Jul 18 16:26:40 EDT 2008

Darren posted: "Shots taken by Deep Impact of the moon transiting the Earth"

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/epoxi_transit.html

For heaven's sake, this is an awe-inspiring video sequence! What a thrilling
experience to see our blue marble projected against the pitch-black backdrop
of the sky and watch the continents rotating counterclockwise into and out of
view. And then, ... I held my breath as I saw the Moon with its brownish tint
passing in front of the Earth while the continents were still moving from left
to right.

Bernd