[meteorite-list] The New Space Race

MeteorHntr at aol.com MeteorHntr at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 21:24:53 EDT 2008

Hi All,

This is an interesting article about how the US is losing  the new space
race:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/07/10/scinasa110.x
ml

I  can't help but think that all the Chinese, Indiana, Japanese, Taiwanese,
South  Korean, Israeli, Brazilian and European kids are going to experience
over the  next few decades some of what the US kids experienced 40 years ago.
Even this time around, more Russians will have TV sets to enjoy this as  well.

All this should have an interesting impact on the  meteorite hobby as
interest peaks in space related topics and the number of  world-wide meteorite
collectors grows proportionately.

I think it  is going to be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Maybe Michael Blood can expand on this topic in one of the upcoming
Meteorite Trends some more?

Godspeed!

Steve Arnold #1