[meteorite-list] meteorite hunting in Western Australia

Göran Axelsson axelsson at acc.umu.se
Thu Jul 10 09:14:58 EDT 2008

Hi list!

I'm currently sitting 50 meters from the Indian Ocean and planning my
vacation in Australia. In about a week I will have a lot of free time
and I wanted to spend one week hunting for meteorites here in western
Australia.
I know that I probably can't bring any stones back home but I still want
to hunt.

Is there any good places to hunt between Perth and Kalgoorlie or in that
area?
Any other places in Western Australia that I should visit?

Is there any description of the meteorite field in Camel Donga? That is
an area I would like to spend a couple of days in.

Any other tips for me?

Apart from meteorite hunting, I'm invited to a wedding and I'm going to
hunt for gold so I have my metal detector with me.

/Göran