[meteorite-list] New guy introduces himself with a couple ofquestions

Walter Branch waltbranch at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 28 16:07:27 EST 2008

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the list.  I have also seen you on Cloudy Nights, where I think
you may have responded to a few of my own posts and in the swap and shop
section.

I would highly recommend Find a Falling Star by Nininger.  A very
inspirational book by the greatest meteorite hunter of all time.  Easy
reading and just fun.

I would also recommend the following ebay auction.  Why?  Because it is my
auction!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130192181445&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

As for cutting, I used to cut small meteorites with a lapidary trim saw
using distilled water as a coolent.  You would not want to do this with
certain meteorites but for the vast majority  of OCs it is fine.  i know
some list members have adapted power tools but knowing my mechanical abilty
I personally would not.

Hope this helps.

-Walter Branch