[meteorite-list] Question about Jiddat al Harasis 073

STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 16:06:35 EST 2008

Hi Ken,  I looked at the meteorites and  while I think they are likely
correct, I would never buy and ordinary chondrite  with TKW of over 500Kg, by the
carrot weight.

I bought a bit of JaH 073  from Ivan a couple years ago and there is some
weird color in it.  The iron  stained it red in places.  There are some other
cool colors and  structures.  Check out my incident light micrographs of it on my
 gallery
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/meteorites-alpha_frame.htm

Just  click on the alphabetical sort and the first set of JaH 073.  The
second  set is in Xpol.

Tom

In a message dated 1/28/2008 12:16:13 P.M.  Central Standard Time,