[meteorite-list] Tucson 2008

Christian Anger christian.anger at aon.at
Sun Jan 27 14:26:06 EST 2008

Hi friends,

in agency of the Austrians in Tucson (unfortunately I can't make it to the show this year)

I have following information for you.

Erich Haiderer Room 117+patio, Riverpark Inn (formerly Pueblo Inn) Room 117 ph (520) 6226611 ext 117

You might be informed already, but just wanted to let you know about tremendous
detour challenges: As there
is only 1 single rather hidden exit off the I-10 for a long distance it might
appear likely that somebody gets lost far away of the intended goal:
"The access to all major center show locations is a huge challenge unless you
know the precise exit ramp. There is only (max.) 1 each going eastbound: Prince
Road (and not! Grant road as previously indicated) and westbound: 29th Street.
Take extreme care to watch out carefully for this precise exits and the
instructions below.
 Get off I-10 at the Prince Road Exit #254
. Continue straight ahead on the southbound Frontage Road for approximately 5.0
miles
. The Riverpark Inn will be on the right -- a half block past Congress Street
If you miss the Prince Road Exit #254, you must.
. Continue on I-10 East for 5 miles to the next exit (6th Avenue)
. Get off I-10 at the 6th Avenue Exit #261
. Turn left onto 6th Avenue and cross over the Freeway
. Turn left onto the westbound I-10 entrance ramp & stay in left hand lane
. Take Exit #259 (29th Street) and travel straight on the northbound Frontage
Road
approximately 3.0 miles to Congress Street
. Turn left at Congress Street & go underneath the Freeway
. Take an immediate left turn at Carl's Jr. onto the southbound Frontage Road
. The Riverpark Inn will be on the right, a half block ahead.

Directions from the East (New Mexico & El Paso):

. Get off I-10 at the 29th Street Exit #259
. Continue straight ahead on the northbound Frontage Road for 1.5 miles
. Turn left at Congress Street & go underneath the Freeway
. Take an immediate left turn at Carl's Jr. onto the southbound Frontage Road
. The Riverpark Inn will be on the right, a half block ahead.
If you miss the 29th Street Exit #259, you must..
. Continue on I-10 West approximately 6 miles to the next exit (El Camino del
Cerro/Ruthrauff Road)
. Get off I-10 at El Camino del Cerro/Ruthrauff Road Exit #252
. Turn left at El Camino del Cerro, stay in left-hand lane & go underneath the
Freeway
. Take an immediate left turn onto the southbound Frontage Road
. DO NOT RE-ENTER THE FREEWAY -- Continue straight ahead on the Frontage Road
for approximately 6 miles
. The Riverpark Inn will be on the right -- a half block past Congress St.
. Get off I-19 at the 22nd-29th Street Exit #102
. Continue straight ahead on the northbound Frontage Road for 1.5 miles
. Turn left at Congress Street & go underneath the Freeway
. Take an immediate left turn at Carl's Jr. onto the southbound Frontage Road
. The Riverpark Inn will be on the right, a half block ahead.

Directions from Tucson Airport:

. Exit the Airport on Tucson Blvd. & continue straight
. Turn left onto Valencia Road
. Turn right onto I-19 North
. Get off I-19 at the 22nd-29th Street Exit #102
. Continue straight ahead on the northbound Frontage Road for 1.5 miles
. Turn left at Congress Street & go underneath the Freeway
. Take an immediate left turn at Carl's Jr. onto the southbound Frontage Road
. The Riverpark Inn will be on the right, a half block ahead.
On the frontage roads, a third lane is open to traffic, creating three lanes of
one-way traffic in each direction from Prince Road to 29th Street for local
traffic and access.

This Arizona Transportation Department website has shows  helpful hints and a
map here:

http://www.i10tucsondistrict.com/29toP.html    "
Best greetings to you
Eric
See you in Tucson

Also please do not forget to visit Ahmed Pani, also a very reputable meterorite dealer from Austria.

Greetings from a stormy Austria,

Christian